Apple Senior Software Engineer
- Developed and improved GUI tools for pre-silicon emulation and debugging.
- All phases of full stack development, including project proposals, application deployment, and creating analytics dashboards to visualize user behavior.
- Mentored new developers, to share knowledge and promote best practices.
Control Z, Inc. Senior Software Developer
- Developed embedded software in C and C++ to be intuitive, performant, reliable, and safe. Applications include large-scale LED installations, fitness devices, and controlling a high voltage heating element.
- Developed web applications to accelerate development, enabling simulation of firmware, and empowering designers to construct UI more efficiently. Used React, AngularJS, TypeScript, and others.
- Used gdb and Ozone to debug code running on Nordic NRF, STM32, and FreeRTOS.
- Implemented text and graphics rendering layers on embedded systems, with compression to fit large character sets and UTF-8 strings.
- Designed and implemented realtime maps for an embedded fitness device, with GPS tracking, rotation, scaling, and custom compression for increased performance.
- Prototyping, UI design, and UX advocate for a popular fitness tracker.
- Component selection, circuit design, and engineering of several projects, including an all-weather 500-watt LED sign.
- Developed configuration interfaces, enabling non-programmers to modify software behavior.
- Solved graphical and motion design challenges using OpenGL, WebGL, and other platforms.
- Developed algorithms for realtime analysis of motion, audio, and touch-based gesture recognition.
- iPhone and iPad development, including a best-selling multi-touch musical instrument on the App Store.
- Full-stack development of CMS websites, using a variety of databases, front-end frameworks, and asset processing scripts.
Second Story Interactive Studios Interactive Developer
- Developed interactive media experiences to be responsive, engaging, and performant.
- Collaborated with designers to create fresh user interfaces and graphical effects.
- Built a configurable website framework, allowing designers to modify and perfect the visual design, without learning a programming language.
- Managed large data sets, and built custom APIs to search and retrieve assets.
Freelance Web Developer
- Designed and built a full website for a regional newspaper, including an events calendar, and maps to nearby distributors.
- Developed a CMS using Ruby on Rails and MySQL.
Mentor Graphics Data Integrity Specialist
- Developed an automated pipeline for collecting data, and updating staging and production databases.
- Curated a standardized dataset of major cities around the world.
Freelance Audio Engineer
- Developed a web-based composition tool for extracting drum-like sounds from audio input, and synthesizing new beats and musical phrases.
- Developed computer applications for processing audio, and custom DSP effects.
- Music composition, sound design, and audio mastering for full-length and short films.
- University of California at Davis Bachelor of Arts: Music
- Code architecture
- Code review
- Codebase ownership
- Configuration driven development
- Hardware prototyping
- Human-centric interfaces
- Motion design
- PCB design
- Project planning
- Software prototyping
- Soldering and assembly
- UI Development
- Unit testing
- Visual design
- Autodesk EAGLE
- Teardown Conference “e-Paper Mega-Info-Dump”
- Hackaday Superconference “Live Coding a 40-Foot LED Sign”
- Teardown Conference “Programming For The Eye”